- Use NodeMCU with NetBIOS using Arduino IDE.
- NodeMCU board (quantity: 1 no.)
- Micro USB cable A to B (quantity: 1 no.)
- WiFi router / mobile hotspot (quantity: 1 no.)
- Arduino IDE on your computer
NetBIOS (Network Basic Input/Output System) is a program that allows applications on different computers to communicate within a local area network (LAN). It was created by IBM for its early PC Network, was adopted by Microsoft, and has since become a de facto industry standard.
Software applications on a NetBIOS network locate and identify each other via their NetBIOS names.NetBIOS normally runs over TCP/IP via the NetBIOS over TCP/IP (NBT) protocol. This results in each computer in the network having both an IP address and a NetBIOS name corresponding to a (possibly different) host name.
To copy the code, right click on view raw at the bottom of the code, click on open link in new tab and then copy the code.