- Use IFTTT to send an email
- Use easycoding to code for NodeMCU
- Gmail account
- Micro USB cable
IFTTT stands for If This Then That. It allows you to write data to Google Sheets using simple HTTP commands from the NodeMCU.
Coding using Easycoding
Navigate to Easycoding and construct the following code on TUNIOT.
Uploading the code
Step 1: Enter the final code in the Arduino IDE window.
- When you click on New to open a new blank code in the Arduino IDE, you will get a new window with two functions: void setup() and void loop()
- You can either type commands as shown in the final code under void setup() and void loop() functions or
- Delete the contents of this window. Then copy and paste the final code in the Arduino IDE window.
Step 2: Compile/ verify the code by clicking on the verify button.
- Make sure the board is connected to your computer
- Check if the correct board and port is selected.
Step 3: Upload the code by clicking on the upload button, which is right next to the verify button.
- The Arduino IDE provides a progress bar when it’s uploading.
- After it is done, you will see “Done uploading” on the bottom left of your IDE.
- If you encounter any errors, you need to go back to the code and fix the errors.