- Build a simple Chatbot using the Rasa Library in Python
- Setup Python3 ,Pycharm , Pip and Rasa on your Computer.
- Installing the necessary dependencies for your Chatbot.
- Python3 IDE (Pycharm) on your computer
- Visual studio on your computer
- Pip Package Manager on your computer
- Rasa Library on your computer
Rasa Open Source includes
- NLU: determines what the user wants and captures key contextual information
- Core: selects the next best response or action based on conversation history
- Channels and Integration: connect assistant to users and backend systems
Installing Phyton3 IDE
The installation of Phyton IDE is based on the operating system you use. Shown below is the installation for Windows 10.
Step 1: Download the Python 3 Installer
- Open a browser window and navigate to the Download page for Windows at python.org
- Underneath the heading at the top that says Python Releases for Windows, click on the link for the Latest Python 3 Release – Python 3.x.x.
Python Releases for Windows
- Scroll to the bottom and select either Windows x86-64 executable installer for 64-bit or Windows x86 executable installer for 32-bit.
Select the necessary files
Step 2: Run the Installer
- Once you have chosen and downloaded an installer, run it by double clicking on the downloaded file.
- A dialog will appear that looks like the image below. Then just click Install Now.
- A few minutes later you will have a working Python 3 installation on your system.
- Make sure to check the box that says Add Python 3.x to PATH as shown to ensure that the interpreter will be placed in your execution path.
Once you’ve confirmed that Python is correctly installed, proceed with installing Pip.
Step 1: Download get-pip.py to a folder on your computer.
Step 2: Open a command prompt and navigate to the folder containing get-pip.py.
Step 3: Run the following command:
Pip is now installed!
Step 4: Verify that Pip was installed correctly by opening a command prompt and entering the following command:
You will see output similar to the following.
Now that Pip is installed and configured, you can begin using it to manage your Python packages. For a brief overview of the available commands and syntax for Pip, open a command prompt and enter the following.
Step 1: Go to https://www.jetbrains.com/pycharm/download/#section=windows.
Step 2: Select your preferred operating system, install and run.
Installing Visual Studio
Step 1: Go to https://visualstudio.microsoft.com and download the build tools.
Visual Studio Build tools
Step 2: Download the free community application.
Step 3: Install the downloaded (.exe) file and choose the marked workloads for installation and click on Install.
Step 4: Restart your computer and proceed to install Rasa in the system.
Creating a Chatbot using Rasa
Step 1: Open Pycham and open the Pycharm Terminal. And type pip install rasa.
Step 2: Once Rasa is installed . Run the command rasa init.
Step 3: Enter the directory of your choice to store the values.
Step 4: Once you complete all these steps, the chatbot is finally created.
Chatbot is created
There you go!