- 1. Richa Sharma 2.Nishita Malhotra
Delhi Metro is the most widely used Public Transport , spread over a large area of the city which connects almost all the places.
- Despite of many direction maps and sign boards at the metro station , people often find it difficult to identify the correct route they should take.
- Some of the major stations like Rajiv Chowk , Kashmere Gate , Huda City Centre , etc. serve as the interchange stations between different Metro Lines which creates chaos for the people to find the correct path they should follow.
- Misguidance/No Guidance by other fellow passengers.
- Daily Metro Users - People travelling through metro everyday contributing to provide guidance to other travelers that maybe be right or wrong. These people can serve as the target audience if they wish to use new metro route rather than their regular route.
- New Metro Users - First time users from different cities , unaware of the route to be followed.
Delhi Metro Survey
We conducted a survey for people of different age groups to interpret their knowledge about Delhi Metro routes and we've come to the following conclusions:
- Majority of respondents travel by Metro on a daily basis.
- Many of them are familiar with only those routes/ platforms use regularly.
- Some respondents also face problems while taking a new route or traveling by metro for the first time.
- Around one-third of total respondents find the signboards in the station premises confusing.We conducted a survey for people of different age groups to interpret their knowledge about cyber-bullying and we've come to the following conclusions:
- Also it was observed that majority of respondents feel there's a need for an App that provides guidance according to their current location.
The detailed results of the survey are available here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PZ-8QbZRBICnar3PPwrPF_mi6iIFe4iDnJQucAAI9mg/edit?usp=sharing
The Users face the problem while using the metro to find the correct routes they should follow , also observed in the survey conducted by us.
Also at the time of interchanging the metro lines Users get confused.
So if our app comes into real these problems can be solved easily using it.
User can have an easy life with the metro journey as they will be able to navigate the stations indoor with their current location as well as reach their destinations faster and smoothly.