- 1.Bhavana Sinha 2.Arshiya Sourire
1.Every company needs to use a part of their fund as a CSR(corporate social responsibilty) fund where they had to carry a project for environment, village development, education etc.
2.Problem is : This CSR fund from many companies isn't used for social welfare by them and just gets added to the government fund. This is because it's difficult to regulate this money as neither such companies get to know about the problems of villages that need more attention and are feasible to solve. On the other hand, the villagers are unaware about such kind of fund.
3.MNCs who will get benefit by investing in villages.
Google Drive link for images : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1TfHRxGTe-5tPTsqemHg3cyuOxx-e7Mr8?usp=sharing
1) Our aim is to develop an easy-to-use platform to connect villages, NGOs and corporate together.
2) This would help to fill the gap among the three and helps in the development of villages by the effective use of CSR in minimum time and effort.
3) Through our platform(website):
- Villages can directly put their problems on our platform
- The system will rank the problems according to a criteria say no. of affected people from the problem, etc.
- NGOs can select the problem that they want to solve
- Corporate can select the problem solving which is profitable for them and then contact concerned NGOs.
Also, for the problems in villages say electricity, water, etc which comes under administration we can make use of heat maps to show no. of areas affected by the problem, trace the location and then inform the concerned government department to look for the same.
In this way, we will help the government in checking the problem and solving it. Thus, helps in village development.
Also, under CSR activity, any corporate who can solve the problem and earn profit could choose the problem and solve it.
Target 1: How villages can directly state/put their problems?
We have two ways in which village can put their problems.
Way 1: We can make use of IVR (Interactive Voice Response)/cloud based IVR through which an automated call can be generated asking the villager about the problem in Hindi/English/regional language, we can give a toll free number to villager to contact when they have problem, Since everyone knows to use a mobile now and since regional and Hindi language is allowed, villager can say their problem and that can be stored along with their location.
So, result is: we have got the problem of villages.
Way 2: We are not restricting the sharing of problem only through calls, but we are building a website where villagers can also share the images and video of the problem here.
Since, there is a person in every village in the present scenario who knows to use the internet, that person can be encouraged to be a local entrepreneur of the village and he can then share the problem over our website through images/videos. (LOCAL ENTREPRENEUR MODEL)
Here, you can say that we have FB, twitter, etc popular websites where villagers or anyone can share their problem but point is the friend list of villagers will contain only the people from village, so their problem can’t reach the people who can solve it.
Secondly, even if they share with the public, then FB, twitter, you tube, etc is populated with so many contents that the important contents get ignored.
Target 2: Fill the gap of trust between NGOs and Corporate
To fill the gap of trust so that corporate know that giving their CSR budget to a specific NGO is safe, we are planning to put a questionnaire from the corporate point of view for the NGOs. NGOs need to fill the questionnaire, a report will be generated that can be downloaded by corporate. So, in this way they can analyse the NGO and willingly spend their CSR budgets.
NGOs in this way can easily get fund from corporate and they can solve the problem.
ADVANTAGES OF OUR PLATFORM:
- Since, our product is for village development, so it checks every problem of village one by one be it education, health, handicraft etc in a feasible
- Requires less effort
- Saves time
- User(Villagers, NGOs, Corporate) friendly
- CSR budget can be effectively used
- Ranking the problems helps in solving major problem first rather than just spending CSR budget.
HOW WORK IS BEING DONE WITHOUT OUR PLATFORM?
Corporate in order to spend their CSR budget, pay R&D team/Survey groups to check for the problem which can be solved and be profitable for them.
Problem of this approach:
- Extra cost is spent on survey groups
- Survey groups have to put more efforts to find the problem as it is not easy to visualise all the problems of every village of India.
- It is time taking to analyse the problem that needs more attention and is beneficial for both villages and corporate.